Friday, October 1, 2010

Test and Bottles and Fabric..Oh My!

<-- This book has been the means of torturing me every morning for the last 6 weeks or so but that will soon be coming to an end!  I passed my Economics exam today earning myself 4 more credits and I have one last paper to write for the other econ class and then I am FOREVER done with economics!!!!  I am so thankful for my school Western Governor's University for making it possible for a busy mom to get her degree.  :)  Yeah WGU!


Today I found 2 awesome bottles at Goodwill and one screamed, "cover me with jute"!  Ok it didn't really but I have seen several of these twine covered bottles on the net and when I found a 50 cent bottle I thought I would give it a try.
So I grabed my Jute, hot glue gun and my cheap goodwill treasure and got to work...

Can I tell you this took a lot longer than I imagined and the glue gun got me good a couple of times.  But I made progress none the less...

My youngest, Tabitha, decided to join the crafty corner in the kitchen and make her monkey mask...she is hard at work here; you can tell this by the fact that she is sitting still.

Here is the final product next to my other 50 cent bottle from Goodwill (isn't it cute?).

I'm not sure if this is the greatest project I have ever accomplished but I like it.  I think it will be really cute with a couple of daisies in it.

After my Goodwill trip today I hit the fabric store.  I was looking for some inspiration fabric for our family room.  I believe I found it!!!!
I wish it looked as yummy on screen as it does in real life.  Here it looks like black and teal but it is really a chocolate brown and a light blue (sorta tealish).  I am going to make a couple of throw pillows  out of it and if I still love it I will go back for more! :)

1 comment:

  1. I turned in my final two assignments last night too! Going back to school is really exciting isn't it???

    BTW-love the jute bottle. I'll have to remember that one the next time I'm in the thrift store.

    ReplyDelete

 

Made by Lena