Friday, October 29, 2010

Dresser Done Over...The Reveal

Well if you read my earlier post then you saw my mid-way dresser over make-over.  I was worried but I think all turned out well.

Is it perfect?  NO.  Do I love it?  Well I like it a lot, but we're just going to be friends.  Does my son like it?  YES - and that is what really matters!

This was fully sanded down when I bought it yesterday (SCORE!)  I have been really wanted to try a colored stain on ANYTHING because I have a vision of staining my kitchen cabinets with a color in the future.  So I bought Minwax Indigo Blue and some staining clothes and got started.

It was a rough start (see post below).  I wasn't sure if I had made a huge mistake.  BUT  I kept going and my hands are a little smurfish....  It was over 90 here in the Valley of the Sun so it dried pretty quick.  I added some inexpensive knobs from Home Depot (silver because we are going for Cowboy's colors) and she is looking pretty spiffy.

Here it is....
BEFORE:


AFTER:
Please forgive my tilted shot...too lazy to fix it. :P


Sharing my treasure at:






4 comments:

 

Made by Lena