Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I haven't fallen off the planet!

I can't believe I have ignored my baby blog for more than 2 weeks!  But I assure you I am still here and still blogging!

I have been, and still am, eyeball deep in my last two classes at WGU.  I am currently working on my marketing project; this involves inventing a product and creating a 3 year marketing plan for it.  YIKES!  Then I have to complete a research paper and power point presentation for my Business Research and Writing class.  When those are completed I will have finished 42 credits this term and 83 since January.  I am hoping one more term and then graduating in the July 2011 ceremony.

It has finally started to cool off a bit here in Arizona so I hope to get back out to the garage on work on my projects.  Right now I think my 13 year old daughter has given up any hope of seeing her "new to her" dresser out of the garage.  But we did get a bonus freebie!  The man that gave us the dresser off craigslist called me a couple days later and offered us a matching nightstand...for FREE!  With hope and prayer I will complete these projects before Thanksgiving!!!!

I did create a little something, not sure it is much to brag about but I like it.  I have seen a couple of blogs with canning jars made into soap dispensers.  I loved the idea but didn't have any canning jars.  I did however have an emptly pickle jar! :P  I didn't take a picture of the before but this is the type of jar I used...


I washed it and removed the label.  Then I drilled a whole in the top before spray painting it black.  I used a left over pump from another soap dispender and cut it to fit the jar.

AND VIOLA....




I added some dish soap and it is now sitting proudly by my kitchen sink.   Sure it isn't as cute as the canning jar (which I will eventually buy and make) but it looks a lot better than the generic plastic bottle.  :)

I have 102 things to do today so back to cleaning, newsletter writing, homework, homeschooling and maybe even a shower!!!

This post is featured on:





1 comment:

  1. omg who the heck are you never saw this side Tiff very impressed my little crafty maven inspire me some more dude love you

    ReplyDelete

 

Made by Lena