Friday, October 29, 2010

The GREAT Dresser Disaster~!?!

Ok maybe not so much a disaster as a fiasco...but I need some encouragment or maybe help!

I got my 14 year old son a "new-to-us" dresser off of craigslist....
 
Solid Pine, Good Bones, Nice Grain...


So I says to myself, "self, you should stain this dresser".  But self replied, "self, the boy wants a room in the Cowboy colors" (aka blue & silver).  So me and self decide to try staining said dresser with indigo wood stain...

"We" aren't so sure about how it is going.  Kinda looks like, well, crap.  This is after working on it for about an hour.  I have to tell you all that I am not an experienced stainer.  The truth is I think I have stained one single board of wood, ever, in my entire life.  It is much more difficult than it looks.  Soooooo  I am trying to decide if I should continue with the stain and pray it will start looking better OR scrap it and get a can of paint.

THOUGHTS?  IDEAS?
HELP?!?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Made by Lena