Monday, September 27, 2010

Welcome to my blog!

I have had blogs in the past and they were usually about one specific thing or another.  I've decided this one is all encompassing - me, family, life, church, photography, school, homeschool and now my decorating endeavors and frugal living (thanks Financial Peace University). 

Recently we have joined the Financial Peace University class at our church.  To say that I have not always embraced a practical or frugal lifestyle is more than accurate.  But in the last few years I have found the joy in shopping with coupons (see www.thegrocerygame.com for all the fun!), thrift shopping (I don't mind when the kids ruin a pair of jeans I paid $2 or $3 for nearly as much as when the ruin retail priced jeans), and most recently repurposing in decorating (see pics below).  My next venture is going to be building my own furniture at a fraction of retail prices (see Knock Off Wood and Ana at http://www.ana-white.com/).

Now FPU is really challenging me to stick to a budget, save and "live like no one else so later we can live like no one else" (quote by Dave Ramsey).

You might ask why the title Imperfectly Happy...well I guess that sums me up.  I am far from perfect but happy inspite of that - I have an AWESOME God, wonderful family, super cool friends and you can't ask for much more than that. 

So that is sort of the “kick-off” blog post.  Please bear with my boring white/plain blog as I try to figure out my look and themes.  I hope you'll find something here that peaks your interest, makes you comment and brings you back.

Until next time! :)

Here is my first "repurpose" project (please excuse tilted images):

1 comment:

 

Made by Lena