Monday, August 22, 2011

3rd times a charm?

 

On Saturday I bravely sucked up my last bit of pride and signed up for WW...again.  This time I have joined a group that includes 3 friends from church and 3 ladies from my friend's work.  I believe this will prove to be a great motivation to go and help me to stay accountable. 

I have also had an epiphany of sorts as well.  I don't think WW will work this time because I follow the plan or call this a diet.  It will work this time because I will go to the meetings like other addicts go to AA.  I believe I have finally come to terms with food being a true addiction - one I readily run to for celebration, boredom, depression, etc.  Just like drugs or alcohol, food is a fickle friend; one moment it makes you feel wonderful, full, and satisfied but the next you are clearly reminded why you should spend less time with it.

It comes down to learning why those of us who use food as our drug of choice do that.  I believe I can find that and the encouragement do stop at WW.  I will also be praying my way through it, giving myself the forgiveness needed for the likely blunders I will make along the way and the ability to celebrate without food.

Onward!

1 comment:

 

Made by Lena